Monday, July 27, 2009

Arsenal’s Clichy Clarifies Criticism Of Adebayor's Manchester City Move

The French full-back has moved to respond to the weekend report that implied he believed Adebayor left for City for the money।

Emmanuel Adebayor's desire to sign for Manchester City was not made with money solely in mind, according to Arsenal defender Gael Clichy, who has moved to clarify a story that arose in the English media last weekend which suggested the contrary.“I felt really bad about this,” Clichy informed the club's official website. “I am not a player who would talk like this; say a name and talk this way about a friend. I asked the newspaper not to mention any names and unfortunately they did.“If you read the article you will see that I am not saying any names – 'Ade' or anyone else. That is not the way to do it. If I need to say something I will go out and say it myself.“Saying big names in a big article like this when I did not say anything, I think it is wrong. I just wanted to clarify this.“Only Ade knows why he went and we have to live with this. He was a good player for us but now he is gone and I don’t want to talk about him anymore.
"But good luck to him and I will see him on the pitch later this season.”

No comments:

Post a Comment