Monday, August 3, 2009

Samuel Eto'o Eager To Win With Inter

The Cameroonian ace appears to be enjoying life at the Italian club.

Samuel Eto'o signed for Internazionale from Barcelona last week in a mega player-plus-cash deal that saw Swedish star Zlatan Ibrahimovic moving to Camp Nou.
The 28-year-old striker, who scored over a hundred goals with Barcelona, has declared that he does not regret teaming up with Inter, a club he describes as having a "family atmosphere."
"This is what I told my family: I told them that I am more and more convinced of the decision I have made of joining Inter," Eto'o told La Gazzetta dello Sport.
"I have already started walking a bit around Milan. I like the city, in some things it reminds me of Madrid, and the people in the street that recognise me have not bothered me much. Of course, almost everyone has asked me the same: 'Eto'o, we want the Champions League.'"
Eto'o insisted that he was welcomed by every player at Inter, not just the ones he had played with in the past, Esteban Cambiasso and Thiago Motta.
"In truth, the impact was positive with everyone: this is what a player who changes teams needs, this is what is good for him," he noted.
The Cameroon international stressed that he is eager to win the Italian Supercup, which will be played on August 8 against Lazio in Beijing.
"I really wish to win the Italian Supercup: to defeat Lazio in Beijing would be the best way to return the trust I felt around me.
"Only one week was enough for me to understand how much I want to win here at Inter," he concluded.

No comments:

Post a Comment